Moen Home Care When you're looking after others or taking care of yourself, it's good…
Is Your Bathroom Stuck in the Past?
When you look at homes today, having a bathroom in the floor plan is a non-negotiable—most homes have 2 to 4 bathrooms. However, that wasn’t always the case. The modern bathroom is still a relatively recent invention.
Quantity over Quality—Higher Demand for Construction Led to a Decrease in Craftsmanship
After World War II, the government subsidized many mortgages with programs like the G.I. Bill. For the first time, homeownership was a possibility for many. Before long, over half of Americans were homeowners.
With all that development came the need to build faster than ever to meet the growing demand. The real estate bubble drove builders to experiment with faster, cheaper methods of production. So, rather than innovating, craftsmanship decreased in favor of efficiency and lower costs.
As a result, nearly 75 years after the bathroom became standard in single-family homes, our bathrooms still look much the same as those built in the 1950s.
Innovations Were Made for Bathrooms to Become Quick and Cheap, not Durable
You might expect that methods, materials, and durability would have changed for the better, but that’s not the case. The demand for quicker construction has led to continually decreased quality.
This dip in quality is the result of the mounting pressure on builders to build faster and cheaper. The greater the demand for new homes became, the more contractors and remodelers cut corners to save time. Especially in the bathroom area.
As an example, tile used to be laid in 2 inches of cement, and builders took their time making sure it was well sealed. However, it was labor intensive.
So, when builders needed to keep up with demand, they began using less and less cement. And then, as pressure mounted, this standard decreased to 1 inch and then half an inch.
Eventually, tiles were simply glued to a moisture-resistant backing board that didn’t do nearly as well at keeping out moisture. With each “innovation” to save time, quality went down. This has led to the sad state of our “modern” bathrooms…
A Bathroom Evolution Is Necessary
We essentially have the same bathrooms as our grandparents (of course, with a shiny new coat of paint)—but they don’t last as long as they did for Grandpa and Grandma because the materials have declined in quality.
In the 1950s, a shower would last for 30-40 years. Now, it might only last for 5-10 years before requiring an update to keep it working well.
Wondering why that is? It all comes down to the materials we use and the technologies at the very foundation of how we build our bathrooms.
If we want our homes to last, we need to reevaluate the way we plan and build them.
At Five Star Bathroom Solutions, we’ve discovered a new cost-effective, hygienic technology that will finally bring our bathrooms into the 21st century!
Modern Materials and New Technology from Five Star Bath Solutions
Over the last 50 years, we’ve seen a wide variety of innovation in other areas of home construction where materials have become more advanced and durable. For example:
- Composites are now more commonly used for decking than wood because they are more durable and require less maintenance.
- Kitchen appliances are constantly updated. Ovens have switched from burning coal to using gas and electricity. Refrigerators have evolved from simple ice boxes to sophisticated appliances that can also make ice and filter water.
- Other small appliances like toasters, slow cookers, coffee makers, stand mixers, and more, are continually being invented and updated to serve home cooks.
- Metal roofing has developed as an alternative to asphalt shingles. It requires less maintenance, holds up better in extreme weather, and may save energy. A metal roof’s life expectancy is also significantly higher than shingles, lasting 40-70+ years versus only 15-20 for shingles.
Clearly, we’re capable of innovation.
People are driven to constantly improve and progress.
Why wouldn’t developers find a way to create top-of-the-line bathroom materials available at an affordable price?
The great news is that we have!
A Bathroom Material that Finally Checks All the Boxes
This advance in bathroom materials has been a long time coming—our bathrooms can finally catch up with the rest of our home. The next great innovation for bathroom construction and renovation is here at Five Star Bath Solutions. Our composite panels check all the boxes:
- It looks like stone but is significantly less expensive. (A shower with natural stone walls can cost up to $7000!)
- Five Star Bath Solutions has a lifetime warranty. We’re so confident in our product that all labor, parts, and materials are covered for life. It’s a no-questions-asked, 100% covered warranty serviced by your local installer.
- Safe and hygienic:
- With a unique composite construction, our panels are naturally resistant to mold and mildew.
- The panels are naturally waterproof and are installed with our waterproof backer board as well—there’s no concern that water will leak in and cause problems beneath the surface.
- It is easy to keep your shower or tub clean with nonabrasive cleaners, so there’s no scrubbing required and there is no grout to clean.
- The panels never require re-sealing.
- Five Star Bath Solutions can install your new bathroom in as little as one day. In contrast, even small bathroom renovations take an average of 23 days to complete.
- Our lifetime warranty means customers can count on their bathroom staying functional and in good condition for the long-haul. They won’t need to plan for a renovation every 5-10 years.
- Our panels are chip and crack resistant, so you won’t have to worry about little repairs or pesky leaks
- It’s easy to customize the appearance of the material.
- There are many different options that mimic the appearance of natural stone while avoiding the drawbacks.
- It has a non-fade laser design and is chip resistant.
- Five Star Bath Solutions has many parts and accessories available to create a bathroom that fits your needs.
Five Star Bath Solutions Has Set a New Standard for Bathrooms
At Five Star Bath Solutions, we are ready to bring the modern bathroom into the 21st century, and we have the technology to back it up.
All the issues that plague homeowners with other materials are simply not a problem with our innovative bathroom panels.
- Unlike tile and stone, there is no danger of moisture leaking through pores in the material. Our panels are completely impervious, which means you eliminate all worry about microbes, water build-up, and mold.
- The material is low maintenance. It does not require yearly resealing like stone and tile—because it requires no sealant at all!—and it is easy to clean with non-abrasive cleaners. And, best of all, there are no difficult-to-clean grout lines to scrub!
- Made in the USA for the highest quality, our panels do not scratch or wear down over time, maintaining their flawless appearance for the lifetime of your bathroom.
- Our panels have the aesthetic of natural stone—with dozens of patterns available—perfected through using actual stone samples with none of the weight, drawbacks, or added costs. You can have a shower that offers the aesthetic luxury of stone (and stays looking just as good for its entire lifetime) for a fraction of the price.
- Your new bathroom can be ready to use in just 1-2 days with our quick and efficient installation process.
Consumers want bathrooms that will stand the test of time—and you deserve a bathroom you love. Five Star Bath Solutions has the technology to deliver on that promise.
Call today at (855) 970-BATH or visit our website at fivestarbathsolutions.com to step into the future!