If you're looking for some great small bathroom ideas, you need to think outside the…
How You Can Make Your Bathroom Look Larger with a Shower Curtain
By fivestaradmin on April 1st, 2019 in Accessories, Shower Curtains, Small Bathroom
Spring and summer are around the corner, and that means you’ll be having friends, family and neighbors over to your home to enjoy a BBQ together. It also means your bathroom will be getting more visitors too.
If you’re embarrassed by your small bathroom, you can make it look more spacious by changing up your shower curtain and taking away clutter. Here are some ways your shower curtain will make your bathroom look larger:
- You can raise the shower curtain higher toward the ceiling.
- Shower curtains beat glass shower doors because of their real-feel texture, different patterns and the pop of color that they give your bathroom.
- Shower curtains are easy maintenance. You can choose from vinyl, linen and cotton fabrics to cover your tub.
- You should pick light or neutral colors to create an illusion of depth. Plus, you should paint your bathroom walls in light colors that add a sense of additional space in your bathroom. Ideal colors include white, cream, and yellow.
- Go with the minimalist approach. Keep your bathroom décor simple—no heavy frames and pictures cut back on knick-knacks and keep everything simple to almost utilitarian.
Move Your Shower Curtain Higher
You’ll draw people’s eyes upward when you move your shower curtain higher toward the ceiling giving the illusion that your bathroom is bigger. Again, keep it simple. Adjustable or long, solid curtain rods create the illusion of spaciousness.
Shower curtain colors play a role in making your bathroom appear larger. You want a shower curtain that’s classic and simple. Here are some color schemes to consider:
- White, off-white or even gray
- Beige or light tan
- Light or pale yellow
Four Types of Popular Shower Curtain Fabric
The fabric you choose also makes a statement about your bathroom. It adds texture, depth and a touch of color. Here are four types of shower curtain materials that are trending right now:
- Polyester shower curtains: These curtains will fit within your budget as well as you can find them in most department stores and other retail outlets. Polyester shower curtains come in an extensive collection of colors and patterns. These shower curtains are resistant to mold and mildew as well as they’re immune to shrinking and creasing. Just throw them in the washer and dryer to clean them.
- Cotton and linen shower curtains: These curtains are made from natural fibers. Cotton and linen shower curtains come in a wide variety of colors, prints, weaves and thickness. Other qualities of cotton shower curtains include beautiful, eco-friendly and softer than synthetics.
- Vinyl shower curtains: These shower curtains repel water and keep your bathroom floor dry and mildew-free. They’re durable, long lasting, inexpensive, fade-resistant and low-maintenance. You have a wide variety of colors, styles, sizes, patterns to choose from with vinyl.
- Go vertical: Lightweight shower curtains with vertical stripes that draw the eye upward are excellent choices for making your bathroom look more substantial. You can choose from muted patterns, open-weave patterns, and light colors. You want to stay away from bold, bright colors with horizontal lines that make the walls close in on you.
Other Ways to Make Your Bathroom Look Spacious
In addition to using a shower curtain to add space, you can also go back to a more minimalist approach when decorating your bathroom. The old way of decorating your bathroom included patterns, layering shower curtains and frilly valances.
Now, the trend is the simpler, the better. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Put up only one shower curtain with a liner.
- Use texturized fabric such as linen, velvet or lace shower curtains.
- Incorporate a statement shower curtain rod and curtain hooks to add interest and more dimension.
- Add a cluster of mirrors to create reflective light.
- Remove unnecessary clutter, including wall art, plants, toothbrush holders, standing mirror and bulky furniture.
Don’t Forget About the Walls
In addition to adding a neutral-toned shower curtain and getting rid of all clutter, you also need to paint the walls to create the illusion. Your wall colors should complement your shower curtain as well as add depth and dimension. You can use different shades of the same color to add more depth.
Here are some colors to consider:
- Light blue
- Light green
- Light yellow
- Light gray
You can be proud of your bathroom when you have guests over to your home. When you change your shower curtains and raise them higher to the ceiling, your bathroom will look modern and large.